All Epics Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft

5 posters

Go down

What is your opinion of WoW?

World of Warcraft Vote_lcap17%World of Warcraft Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
World of Warcraft Vote_lcap50%World of Warcraft Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
World of Warcraft Vote_lcap17%World of Warcraft Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
World of Warcraft Vote_lcap16%World of Warcraft Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

World of Warcraft Empty World of Warcraft

Post by Alex 10/3/2010, 3:09 pm

I realized this thread may be entirely pointless, since I know everyone that posts here, and what their WoW history is. Soooo....just vote anyway and comment on whatever you want to about the game (I lose).

Alex
Soloman
Soloman

http://allepics.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft Empty Re: World of Warcraft

Post by JobraCommander 10/3/2010, 5:09 pm

I'm torn. It is fun, as long as you don't devote your life to pvp or ranking. I liked to just play characters untill i got bored and then make new ones. The Cataclysm expansion is very tempting. Leveling is a lot easier and you get mounts at 20 and you can use them everywhere. Its like they are trying to ruin my life.

JobraCommander
The Dude
The Dude

http://www.theferalproject.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex 10/3/2010, 5:29 pm

lmao. Trust me dude, once you get to 80, it's the same pain in the ass thing. If you don't want to suck, you have to like research which gems to put where and use spreadsheets to figure out your best combination of DPS gear and it just gets ridiculous. For arena, you SHOULD know the spells/abilities of all characters if you want to be any good. It requires wayyyy too much time on top of all that though.

Alex
Soloman
Soloman

Back to top Go down

Post by JobraCommander 10/3/2010, 5:30 pm

That when i would just make a new character, hell I played for a year+ and never made it past 35.

Edit: I had A LOT of characters.

Last edited by JobraCommander on 10/3/2010, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CHARACTERS!)

JobraCommander
The Dude
The Dude

http://www.theferalproject.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulski 11/3/2010, 10:57 am

I won't say everyone should play it, but it is a fun, addicting game. I've got a mage now (2946 gearscore for those keeping track) that's putting up some silly DPS. I've dabbled in arena with him as well, but have put that on hold until I learn the right way to play frost and switch my pvp spec to that from Arcane. I'll miss the lolfactor of a stacked AB,PoM-AB,MBarr (40k in about 3 seconds), but I think it'll be better over all.

As for leveling... my 4th 80, Priest (Shadow/Discipline) should ding this weekend. My others are my Paladin (Holy/Ret), DK (Frost Tank/Blood DPS) and of course, the Mage (Arcane)

On the spreadsheet thing... I just ballpark it based on stat weights, etc... although you're right. I've spent way way way too many hours reading. The upshot, though, is a set of gear which I think is optimized pretty well: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre'Thalas&n=mageski (Copy/paste, the ' is throwing it off)

Last edited by Pulski on 11/3/2010, 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Link fix.)
Pulski
Pulski
Sand
Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex 11/3/2010, 11:21 am

While the game is extremely fun/entertaining, it makes me depressed. At the end of the day, what did you accomplish? It's like, you don't have anymore life skills or anything. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm just posting how it makes me feel. I realized I could be doing something that's going to help my life, rather than distract me from it.

Albeit, I have ADD so that may certainly be a factor that changes how I play the game (I lose) compared to you. I'm jealous of your job btw. We need to make a computer shop in greenfield at some point... All admins here could work there lol.

Alex
Soloman
Soloman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulski 11/3/2010, 12:20 pm

I've actually be trying to move towards consulting / self employment over the next 5 years. I've started building a customer base, but have a long way to go.

Your reason for not playing is my reason *for* playing. I still get everything done that I need to, hang out with friends, etc, but at the end of the day it's nice to just come home and shut the real world off for a while and relax. Some people knit, some people read, some people get drunk... everyone has a hobby that will take their mind off the world around them. I just happen to choose WoW for mine. My guild is pretty much always on vent, even outside of raids, so there's still a certain social aspect to it as well.

Also, a large number of my friends play on the same server, so it's not just a bunch of faceless geeks out there I'm gaming with. All told... there's something like 7 or 8 people I'm friends with IRL that I play with on a regular basis.
Pulski
Pulski
Sand
Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by SuckerFool 12/3/2010, 12:05 am

You're all losers.

Just kiddin'. I love it too. But I agree with Jobra. There's no real point in fussing over the game (haha, you all lose) or trying to be the best there is so I too had a lot of characters. It's nice to play it just to pass the time or have something to do.
SuckerFool
SuckerFool
Dust Bowl
Dust Bowl

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft Empty Played it to pass the time.

Post by Kyle N. 12/3/2010, 10:27 am

The game is good. I will give it that. It's my "inbetween MMO's" MMO, cause I know I can buy the game for roughly 80 bucks. Get a toon to 80 in about 7 days total play time. Get em' geared in a week, Sell him, ????, Profit.

Me and my girlfriend have made over $1,500 playing that game, and that is including expenses. She sold her 1 boomkin (Best on the server After Colosseum or w/e came out for about 600 bucks. People are lazy lazy people. I've sold my All range(gear for any spec) Paladin for 500, my Mage for 300, Her priest for 300, and her Huntard for about 200. I forgot how much it cost to get all the accounts/playtime going but w/e I made money. I'm happy.

I'm excited to see Cataclysm, but I'll probably be too distracted with other stuff to give a damn.

wtf Arrow wtf
Kyle N.
Kyle N.
"Artistic"
World of Warcraft Default3

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulski 26/3/2010, 9:18 am

Yay 3000+ gearscore.

I need sunlight. Haha.
Pulski
Pulski